Webmaster : Cardell Moore /email@example.com
Manassas High School
1111 Manassas Street
Memphis, TN 38107
Mr. James R. Griffin, Principal
This year we are a 7:00 A.M. school!
Manassas in the national spotlight!
Our Tigers are taking flight!!!
initiative at Manassas High
The Memphis-Shelby County Airport Authority SOAR (Students Obtaining Aviation Resources) program is designed specifically to promote the advancement of high school students in the field of aviation.
Our mission is to encourage high school students to become more engaged in developing their intellectual foundation while exposing them to possible employment opportunities in the field of aviation.
The SOAR overall program is designed to give students the basic foundation and understanding of possible career paths and education requirements needed to meet the required skills in their chosen aviation field. Through these sessions, students will be introduced to the airport industry infrastructure that helps support the aviation field. Some selected career paths for this program are Air Traffic Control, Mechanic Vocation, Fixed Base Operators, Aviation Pilots and Airport Administration. At the beginning of each program year, two students will be selected to participate in actual pilot training with the objective to obtain their private pilot’s license. MSCAA is hopeful that the first set of students will complete all requirements to obtain their private pilot’s license by June 2014.
1. Provide students with a useful overview of the various jobs available in the aviation field.
2. Define common aviation terminology, definitions, and acronyms.
3. Describe the aviation industry structure, including the role of air carriers, general aviation, and corporate aviation.
4. Provide mentor match based on the students level of aviation expertise.
5. Provide career ready skills including conduct mock interviews