Willow Oaks Elementary Optional School
Your choice for your child's education
Mrs. Pat Alexander, Principal
Mr. Adam Coleman, Assistant Principal
Exciting Times Abound at Willow Oaks
WOE News Headlines
- Thanks to Ms. Palmer, Barganier, and Metcalf for having the highest number of labels collected for "Labels for Education." Way to go!
- The Fifth Grade Promotional Ceremony was beautiful and inspiring. The speaker was Pastor Reymundo Meneses of Life Church of Memphis. Click here to see pictures/videos.
- Field Day was a huge hit in spite of the rain. Children had a wonderful time. Thanks so much to Coaches Monroe and Powers for all the work you put in to make this special. And then for regrouping to have Field Day inside because of the rain. Click here to see videos, and pictures.
- Kindergarteners, parents and teachers honored our kindergarteners during the Kindergarten Promotional Ceremony. Click here to see pictures.
- Congratulations to Dr. Bradfield, Ms. Lavelle, Ms. Stevens, Ms. Barganier, and all the students who performed and helped put together "The Wiz". It was fabulous from the costumes, and set, to the performances. The many hours you put into this really paid off. We are very proud of you! Click here to see pictures and videos.
- The WOE family celebrates the accomplishments of our students during the End-of-Year Awards Program. Click here for see the videos.
- 5th graders had a blast at their picnic. Click here to see the pictures.
- The 5th grade activities page has been updated.
- PreK teacher, Tiffany Matthews wins awards for high student attendance and excellence in teaching at the annual PreK Banquet, Holiday Inn University on Friday 5/15. Congratulations Ms. Matthews! Click on the PreK page or the Recognition page for more information.
- Ms. White's chicks began hatching Tuesday! We are all so excited to see them come our of their shells! Click here to see a picture.
- We are so proud of the strings students who demonstrated their hard work this year in their End-of- Year Concert. It was beautiful! Click here to see the video.
- Ellen Moak, ESL teacher, has been selected
to be a TN Core Literacy Coach. She has been attending training sessions since April which will continue through June. Congrats Ms. Moak! See the Recognition page, or the ESL page for more information.
- Carol Welch, kindergarten teacher,
was selected to serve as a writer on the SCS Mathematics Curriculum Committee for kindergarten. Congrats Ms. Welch! See the Recognition page, or the kindergarten page for more information.
- Girls participated in the first year with "Girls with Pearls." Recently they celebrated with "tea" with their parents, and teachers. Click here to see pictures from the event.
- The Spring Art Academy delivered again this year! Our students beamed as we viewed their pieces and celebrated their inspired creations! Congratulations to all the participants! You did a great job! Click here to see the video of their work.
- It a wonderful turnout for the Honors Club Program. Thanks to all the students, and parents for making education a priority. Click here to see a video of the ceremony.
- You are invited to the Orff All-City Chorus Concert, May 7, 7:00 PM, Cannon Center for the Performing Arts. For more information please visit the Orff All-City Chorus page. To download the flyer click here.
- Amanda Barganier, fourth grade teacher, has been selected by the English Camp Company to teach English to 7-14 year olds in Italy and Austria for two months this summer! Congratulations Ms. Barganier! For more information, go to the Recognition page, Activities/Fourth Grade page or click her
- Elizabeth Kerr, Library Information Specialist, has been selected to participate in the 2015 Library of Congress Summer Teacher Institute in Washington, D. C.! Congratulations Ms. Kerr! For more information, go to the Recognition page, Activities/Library page, or click here.
- The artwork of seven kindergarten students was selected for the "Made in Dixon" exhibit at Dixon Gallery and Gardens on April 11-12. Go to the Activities menu, and click on kindergarten for more information, or click here.
- We wish to extend a HUGE THANKS to the mothers who brought flowers and helped students fill every one of our 17 outside plants with colorful spring flowers. Wow! They are beautiful! Click here to see a pictures of them and their work, or visit "Activities" from the menu, and choose PreK.
Breakfast is 7:45-8:05
Click here to see our Welcome movie clip!
4417 Willow Road
Memphis TN 38117
Willow Oaks is an optional school. To apply, please click here!
We are now on Facebook and Twitter
Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter @willowoakselem
Webmaster: Sharon Weakley, firstname.lastname@example.org, 901-416-2196
Last updated: May 21, 2015