|| Chief of Academics, Operations, Technology and Innovation
Memphis City Schools
- Helps to improve instruction and instructional leadership in the district's 194 schools
- Oversees and facilitate the distribution of the fiscal, instructional, plant and human resources necessary to positively affect academic achievement.
- Leads the work of the four Regional Superintendents and 194 school leaders.
- Supervises the district turnaround effort
Years with MCS: 19 years as a teacher, school administrator and district leader
- Ed D., Educational Leadership, Union University
- Educational Specialist, Curriculum and Supervision
- Masters of Education, Educational Leadership, University of Mississippi
- Bachelors of Science, English, Tennessee State University
Family: Dr. Richmond was born in Memphis and he is a proud product of Memphis City Schools. He graduated from Trezevant High School. He likes to read, play sports, and socialize with family and friends, and travel. Dr. Richmond has two sons, Kendall (11) and Roderick Jr. (18). Kendall currently attends Snowden and Roderick Jr. is a recent graduate of Central High School. Dr. Richmond's best friend, role model, and the most influential person in his life is his mom.